Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Black Lace

Well, there is no red carpet occasion, but I am happy to have completed my black lace dress. I know, I know, it looks a lot like my blue lace dress. That is because I love my blue lace dress so I used the same pattern. I did make a few alterations in the length and the sleeve. Also, I couldn't decide whether to line it in nude or black so I made the dress separate from the lining. I made a black lining and may make a nude colored on as well, but I just used a slip for the photo. I think I prefer the black anyway. What do you think?

13 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful dress. I have to try this! I was admiring the flowers on the black box t-shirt you made in the previous post. I´m a fanatic of flowers, are those painted on?
    SarahRoseWasHere.blogspot.com
    Srosemu@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The floral fabric that I used on the box blouse was given to me by a friend. I believe the flowers are printed, but I could be wrong. Either way, I really love that top. I think it is my favorite box blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the dress Amy!! You never cease to amaze me with your talent!!! I think I like the black too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love it with the black lining. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress. I'd go with the black lining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress! I vote for the black lining/slip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for the black. Ha ha. It looks so posh with it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And thanks, you just gave me an idea for the.top bodice of my white lace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black it is. Thanks for the votes ladies. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress! And yes, I think the black lining is a bit nicer as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the black, it looks more complete and put-together with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice dress, and I'm going against the census in the other comments - I love the White lining!

    ReplyDelete