Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pattern Review

Claire Donnelly is awesome! She gave me a bunch of vintage patterns like this one, Retro Butterick #B6582. I really like the way it sewed up. I did have some issues with the darts. I had to unpick them twice and in the end I repatterned them a little differently. I also had some fit issues having to do with my big booty and large bust, but overall, I was pleased. I've been watching a lot of Mad Men lately and I feel a little like Joan in this dress. I love the evergreen dupioni and I couldn't resist putting the bows on the shoulders. Thanks Claire, I love my dress.


2 comments:

  1. I did the version with the full skirt for a cocktail party a few years ago, and had problems with the darts too! I ended up just wearing a sash around my waist to hide them--glad to know I'm not the only one who had a badly printed pattern with off-center darts. Your dress looks gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make the full skirt dress too. It should be better now that I've fixed those dumb darts. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete