Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Season of Change and Thanksgiving

I am grateful for the last 4 1/2 years of my life and the opportunity to have owned Yellow Bird Fabrics.

I am grateful to all of my customers. Many of you have become great friends. You have inspired me and supported me and for that I cannot thank you enough.

To all of my co-workers throughout the years, Leena, Amber, Sunni, Elizabeth, Sheridan and Melia, you have all become my best friends. I have relied on you and you have never let me down. You have made this little fabric store dream a reality and I am forever in your debt.

I am thankful for a supportive family, parents and a husband that have helped me through it all. I am grateful for my son and a new baby that is on its way.

With all of this gratitude, I will admit, there is a little sadness. I have to leave this shop that we have built and grown to love so much behind.

But don't worry, you will not be losing a fabric store. You will be gaining a great friend. Sunni Standing, is taking over the business. You probably already know her, she has been teaching classes and working at the shop for a couple of years now. She is an incredibly talented seamstress and one of the kindest people I know. I feel very comfortable leaving the shop in her hands. I know she will continually grow the business in ways that I never could.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for loving Yellow Bird almost as much as I do. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. You will be missed! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to see you go, but I'm grateful for your help and wise advice over the last few years on the , and I'm sure you'll do well no matter what you move on to. I'm also excited that you're leaving the shop in capable hands.

    ReplyDelete