Saturday, June 18, 2011

What a week!

On Monday, Leena got back from New York. She brought back some fabulous new cottons for the store. Thanks Leena. We're glad you're back!
On Wednesday, Amber celebrated her 21st birthday. Happy Birthday Amber!
On Friday, Salt Lake City's Fashion Stroll was in full swing. Salt Lake Community Fashion students competed for a $1000 prize in the Vitamin Water design challenge. Eight students were given a bottle of Vitamin water to inspire their design.
Great job Amparo!
Great job Stacy!
Great job Sterling!
Great job Hailey!
Great job Zoe!
Great job Emily!
Great job Elizabeth!
Great job Kelli!

Also at Fashion Stroll this year, local designers showed off their latest designs. These are just a few of my favorites.
Mary Rino with Lily Bridal
Rachel Hayes
Susan Clements with Sorry Clementine
Jordan Halverson

All week long Amber and I were teaching a fashion workshop at Higher Ground Learning. I am so proud of these 15 young students. They are incredibly creative and talented! Each of them made a shirt, a skirt, a purse, and a pair of shoes. If anyone knows any 12 to 18 year old students that are interested in fashion, this workshop would be great for them. Contact Higher Ground at http://www.highergroundlearning.com to sign up for the July 11th-15th session.
Saturday, I had the opportunity to meet some prospective students in the new Fashion Marketing program at the Art Institute. I will be teaching there in the fall and I am looking forward to having another fashion program in Utah. I think it will be a great addition to Salt Lake's growing fashion community.

Finally, today, Happy Father's day. I would like to give a big thanks to my dad. He has been such a great support to me and Yellow Bird Fabrics. I love you Dad!

I hope everyone had a fabulous week!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see anything about a spring fashion stroll this year. I really wanted to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I should have posted something about it. The only reason I knew about it was from the Salt Lake Community students. They came in to buy their fabrics and told me about the competition. I'll be sure to post something about the next one so you don't miss out.

    ReplyDelete