Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pattern Reviews

Elizabeth, a great friend and customer wore in some fabulous garments today. The first of which is Vogue pattern #1244. It is made from 5 contrasting silks that are pieced together. The bottom is gathered up and offset to form a unique bubble hem. I haven't made this pattern personally, but I would definitely recommend it. I think it's fun, beautiful and one of the most inspiring patterns I've seen in a while.
This next pattern is Folkwear pattern #503. It is a 1920's Poiret Cocoon Coat. The simple lines and drape make it so sophisticated and feminine.
Once again, I haven't made this, but I think it would be a wonderful pattern sew.
Thanks for sharing Elizabeth. Happy sewing everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy for the lovely write-up on my latest sewing projects. I hope they inspire other sewers to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always sharing. You are certainly inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete