Sunday, February 28, 2010

Please excuse my nostalgia


Yesterday my kitchen was filled with yellow birds. As I printed these cheery bags I was reminded of another February day 4 years ago .



I was making messes as usual, screen printed shirts were strewn around the house.




Living in Logan, attending college at Utah State, I had just started selling a clothing line under the name Robot Hate.




Friends gathered for a photo shoot.




They stood patiently in t-shirts as snow fell around them.




M. Ward's "I'll Be Your Bird" played in the background and I fell in love with my husband all over again.




To those who were there that day, I am grateful.



To those who were not there, I have superimposed you in my memory and I am also grateful.




In the end, there was a finished product, but to me it was so much more. There were so many happy memories along the way.
Thank you Christy Baugh for creating and capturing moments that would have otherwise been forgotten.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being such a dream! The bags look great. I miss your face and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christy, I've missed you. It's hard not to think about you when I'm at home; all of your art work and photographs. I feel like a lot of what I do is some how connected to you. I don't thank you enough for it. I would have never even started screen printing if you hadn't talked to Koichi for me. I love your face!

    ReplyDelete