Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cojolya

http://www.cojolya.org/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=19&Itemid=

Several years ago I had the amazing opportunity to live in Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala. I lived with and worked for a women named Candis Krummel. Candis started an organization called Cojolya to help the Tzutujil women and preserve Mayan weaving. It was with the Cojolya organization that I first learned to weave on a backstrap loom. I fell in love with textiles all over again and I fell in love with the Guatemalan people. I feel a strong connection with this cause and I encourage you to check out their web-site and support them however you can.
P.S. The "Basket Weave Bag" is a bag that I designed while I was an intern with Cojolya.

No comments:

Post a Comment