Monday, April 8, 2013

Pattern Review

I haven't been doing a lot of sewing for myself lately. My body has been through a lot of changes this last year and it's been hard to feel motivated to sew clothing for myself. I am finally losing some of my baby weight and I want to start sewing again. 
 My most recent sewing venture was a New Look pattern #6094. Elizabeth let me borrow it last year and now I've finally made it. I made a few alterations, the most obvious of which is the princess seams that I continued from the bodice to the skirt. I added them so I could color block the sides in black. I also eliminated the waistline. I did both of these things hoping to make myself look slimmer. I don't know that it worked, but overall the pattern fit well. I didn't have to make any fit alterations except that it was a little on the big side, I had to take it in a bit. I enjoyed making it. It went together quickly and easily. I think I will try out it again in the future.
Are there any patterns that you are excited about recently? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment