Friday, May 18, 2012

The Best Fashion Advice Ever Given


When it comes to fashion, find out what works for you and stick with it.
    A wise friend once told me, “Don't wear what fashion designers tell you to wear. Wear what they wear. His point being that most designers, no matter they throw onto the runway, favor simple flattering pieces for themselves.
    Anyone one who has never met me can tell you that fashion has always been very very very very very very very very important to me. For example, I once told my cousin, “If the whole store Express was my closet!” How prescient, because now of course, I wear nothing but Express.
    It can't be said enough. Don't concern yourself with fashion; stick to simple pieces that flatter your body type.
    By nineteen, I had found my look. Oversized t-shirts, bike shorts and wrestling shoes. To prevent the silhouette from being too baggy I would cinch it at the waist with my fanny pack. I was pretty sure that I would wear this look forever. The shirts allowed me to express myself with cool sayings like “There is no crying in baseball” and “Universtität Heidelberg,” the bike short showed off my muscular legs, and the fanny pack held all my trolly tokens. I was nailing it on a daily basis. Find something like this for yourself as soon as possible.

Tina Fey
Bossypants

2 comments:

  1. I've come to realize this more and more over the past year. Look at what Vera Wang and Michael Kors wear on a daily basis. All basics! And they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be my most favorite book ever.

    ReplyDelete