Thursday, January 20, 2011

Great

As you walk into Yellow Bird Fabrics the first yellow bird to greet you sits on the sewing table in our small entry way. The bird was given to me by my grandmother, Edith Lyman Powell Smith Frost. Most members of our family just called her Great (short for great grandma, but also because she was truly great). She was an inspiration to me, a woman of many talents and incredible traits. She taught me to enjoy the little things in life. My appreciation of nature, music and sewing can be attributed to her. She was the most kind and gentle woman I have ever met. She never failed to encourage me and tell me how proud she was of me and my little store. Thank you Great for the life you lived and the amazing impact you had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment